What We Do
The VAA champion artists at all stages of their careers to succeed in the business of art. We don’t believe that the cultural myth of the “impoverished artist” needs to exist. Instead, you will find VAA assisting Artists in building their businesses by generating sales via marketing and distribution channels (self-representation, galleries, publishers) as well as advising on personal brand creation, alongside the practicalities of managing your arts business.
The VAA offers members the right tools to succeed including; access to a range of training, business advice services, online resources, events, as well access to a supportive and progressive community. The Association is open to new and emerging artists as well as established artists.
The VAA has a vision to build the world’s leading professional artist community to leave a legacy of artists who ultimately fulfil their career potential and make a living from selling their talent.
The VAA’s mission is to transform Artists lives by offering a clear pathway to succeed commercially in their art business, giving them more time to create.
- Creative – We embrace new ways of thinking and push boundaries to challenge conventional ideas to meet or exceed expectations of our customers.
- Ethical – We are committed to dealing with everyone with honesty, fairness and integrity at all times.
- Passion – We approach every day with a positive ‘can do’ attitude. We share an innate desire to grow, learn and challenge ourselves.
- Pride – We take pride in what we do. We strive to be the best version of ourselves and better serve those around us.
- Teamwork – We are respectful and supportive of one another. We lead and learn from each other in innovation and knowledge.
- Community – We recognise that we are part of a larger community, and we measure our success against how we benefit the community (both artists and society overall).
Why has the Visual Artists Association been formed?
Our development board identified a need for a professional body to support visual Artists at all stages of their career. Artists are able to benefit from access to business services, learning best practices and being part of a wider artists’ community of peers and mentors.
How do I access the member resources?
Members are given a login and password to access the website platform. Once a member you can the access The Vault. Full of resources and articles.
What Events do you hold?
The VAA hosts regular networking events, both face to face and online.
Join us for our Art Cafés, Focus Groups, Business Clinic and Online Training Webinars covering key business skills, including sales, marketing and PR for artists.
The VAA Annual Summit Conference takes place for membership and association professionals, giving the opportunity to hear the latest artist-focused achievements and the best practice insight/advice. (On Hold Due To COVID-19)
How will I receive my insurance documents?
Members are able to view their insurance policy documents online by logging into the website platform.
What happens if I wish to cancel my membership?
Members can cancel their membership in the online portal or by contacting the VAA team by phone or email.
The VAA works with Artists at all stages of their careers, from new and emerging to prolific established Artists. Members artistic disciplines mainly range from Painting, Drawing, Sculpting, Photography, Print making, Ceramics and Mixed Media. We are an inclusive arts membership organisation and welcome new members.