VAA International Exhibition & Scholarship Prize
Created to empower, teach, and support artists from all walks of life.
Terms & Conditions
By entering the VAA International Scholarship Prize you are deemed to have read and accepted all aspects of the rules described on this page.
1. The VAA Prize is open to 18 years plus2. All work submitted must be solely produced by the artists registered for this award. 3. Acceptable media: drawing, printing, painting, photography, digital art, sculpture and video.
4. Mature Content – artwork containing artistic nudity, large amounts of simulated blood and gore, or generally violent themes may be classed as inappropriate content on our social media platforms, in this case, they may be blurred out or labelled as “sensitive”5. Submission fee: £20 for the first entry, £10 per additional work. No charge to VAA Members. 6. Work must have been completed in the last three years. 7. Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension. 8. Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery. 9. Artists who are not residents in the UK but are residents abroad are welcome to submit work. 10. Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post – Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 11. Applicants are responsible for providing correct personal information for the organisers to be able to contact them. 12. The VAA only accepts artwork that has not been sold previously at the time of entry. 13. Entrants must ensure that they have the commercial rights if they are currently represented by a publisher so that there is no conflict of interest. 14. VAA respects your rights and does not claim copyright for works you submit to the contest. You will retain full copyright in each entry.
15. VAA will not be held responsible for any breach of the commercial contract between the Artist, The Gallery or the Publisher, our role is to provide the commercial platform and introduction.16. VAA will not be responsible for any travel or personal expenses to the VAA exhibition final or any visa requirements. 17. The winners agree to permit external communication of the artwork; not limited to publicity, press, website, social media, and any printed or digital material.
18. The jury’s decision is final and if VAA is unable to contact any short-listed artist or winner via the email address supplied by the entrant, the short-list position/prize lapses and VAA reserves the right to select alternative winners.
19. Shortlisted artists will be contacted directly. The names of the winner and Finalists artists will be published on our website and our social media and elsewhere in competition publicity.20. The artist will be responsible for the delivery and collection of artworks for any finalist exhibition, and also for insurance whilst in transit and for the duration that the artwork is with the VAA for exhibitions. 21. Although strict handling measures are adhered to in receiving and hanging Finalists’ work, for the avoidance of doubt, the VAA can accept NO LIABILITY whatsoever for any damage to Art Work whilst in transit and during the Finalists’ shows (whilst in the care and being stored by the organisers). Please make sure your artwork is adequately insured during this period.
22. Finalists are welcome to take delivery and hang their artwork. If you wish to do this please contact the organisers at email@example.com to arrange. 23. In all matters arising in connection with the competition, the VAA decision shall be final. No cash alternative is available. 24. Should for any reason the event be partly or wholly cancelled outside of the organizer’s control, VAA shall offer an online exhibition or alternative. 25. All entry submissions are final and entry fees are non-refundable. No compensation can be requested in any of the above cases.
26. The VAA is non-profit making. The entry fee goes towards our organisational and administrative costs.27. Any works sold for finalists at the exhibitions will incur a 50% commission.
28. VAA reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter these rules if it considers that it has good reason to do so.29. These rules are governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom 30. Full details of each piece of work must be supplied when applying including the title of work, dimensions and a description of each piece is required (where is it an installation and not self-explanatory). 31. More than two images of the artwork should be supplied where it is necessary to show 3-D work properly. 32. Applicants are responsible for correctly pricing/sizing/describing their artwork. Any changes to the original details provided upon application must be notified in writing to the Organisers.